June 2016 Polarized Lenses
This summer while you’re shopping for sunglasses, the doctors at McMillin Eyecare want you to remember to check and see that the lenses are polarized. Polarized lenses are important for a number of reasons:
- They reduce glare at the beach, in the snow and out on the water.
- Enhances the clarity of your vision.
- Increases your visual comfort.
- Reduces eye strain. Continuous eye adjustments to the glare from reflections can be strenuous on the eyes and cause eye fatigue.
- Polarized lenses block light reflected from surfaces such as a flat road or smooth water.
If you are involved in activities such as water sports, skiing, golfing, biking, fishing, and even driving, polarized lenses can be very helpful in reducing glare and giving a clearer view. Call McMillin Eyecare today at 423-239-5491 to schedule your annual eye exam and check out our wide selection of sunglasses.