We Are Open!
We hope this message finds you and yours healthy as COVID-19 continues to impact our community. McMillin Eyecare remains focused on the safety and health of all of our patients and staff. We miss seeing each and every one of you, and are happy to announce that we are back in the office full time!
We are open and prepared to provide full eye care services and will continue to utilize precautionary cleansing and sanitizing measures set forth by CDC guidelines. Our weekly schedule will be as follows:
Monday 7:30am – 5:00pm
Tuesday 7:30am – 6:00pm
Wednesday 7:30am – 5:00pm
Friday 7:30am – 5:00pm
Saturday 7:30am – 12:00pm
Please note the changes we have implemented into to our office procedures and patient encounters are based on current recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and have been strategically developed as part of an extensive and ongoing discussion with our team. We recognize that some of these precautions may cause some temporary inconveniences and potential delays in your treatment. However, please be assured that your health, as well as the health and safety of all members of our community, is our number one priority.
Changes implemented to our office will be effective immediately and will continue until further notice. Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call or text our office at (423) 239-5491. Please note that no exceptions to these precautions will be made, as this is for the safety of our entire community.
CURRENT OFFICE PROCEDURES:
We are in constant communication with our entire team to reinforce our sanitization procedures in both patient-facing and employee-only areas.
- All patients are asked to consider wearing a mask into the office during their scheduled appointment time.
- Hand sanitizers and soap are located throughout our office. These will be refilled and checked regularly.
- High traffic surfaces such as the front desk and reception areas are wiped regularly throughout the day with an EPA recommended disinfectant.
- In addition to our instrument sterlization, disinfection, and clinical cleanliness, we are also committed to disinfecting anything regularly affected by human touch (this includes but is not limited to door handles, light switches, seating areas, trash cans, credit card processors, telephones and every commonly-touched surface is disinfected throughout the day).
- Every team member has his/her body temperature checked when they arrive at work and are instructed to remain at home if they are feeling ill.
- In an effort to promote social distancing, we will essentially be limiting our reception areas and limiting the amount of people present in our office at any one time. We ask that only patients (and if necessary, for younger patients or patients requiring additional assistance) one accompanying adult enter our offices. Siblings, grandparents, friends, etc. should remain home or outside in their vehicles.
- Patients will be asked to present to their appointments at their regularly scheduled time, not early. We ask our patients to enter the office to more than 5 minutes before their appointment time to minimize waiting in our reception area.
- Before your appointment a member of our staff will ask you if you have been sick with any respiratory symptoms (cough, fever, shortness of breath) or recently traveled to an infected area. Additionally, this team member, will check the temperature of the patient using a non-touch forehead thermometer.
- We have removed all magazines, brochures, and books from our reception areas.
- We are asking all patients to complete forms online, if possible, prior to coming into the office for your appointment.
We are asking that patients consider the following alternative ordering and scheduling options relating to contact lens orders, optical pick-ups, and emergency office visits.
- Optical Department – For any patients who do not have a scheduled appointment, but wish to browse our optical department, please call our office at (423) 239-5491 ahead of time in order to schedule a time with our optical staff. Following ongoing CDC guidelines, our office is attempting to limit the amount of patients present within each area of the office.
- Contact Lens Orders – For all existing patients; please call our office at (423) 239-5491 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org in order to order contact lenses. We can ship these directly to you at no additional cost!
- Eyeglass Order Pick-ups: For patients needing to pick up recent optical orders, please call our office at (423) 239-5491 ahead of time in order to schedule a time with our optical department.
- Emergency Office Visits: We are asking patients not to arrive at our office without an appointment. Please call our office at (423) 239-5491 to determine whether the emergency requires an office visit, and when an appropriate appointment time can be scheduled.
- When scheduling appointments for routine medical care (annual exams), please call our office ahead of time and discuss the need to reschedule your appointment to a later date if you develop symptoms of a respiratory infection (cough, sore throat, fever) within 14 days of your scheduled appointment.
- If you are scheduling an emergency office visit, please let our office know beforehand if you have symptoms of a respiratory infection (cough, sore throat, fever), so our staff can take the appropriate preventive actions.
IMPORTANT: If you are infected with COVID-19 or think you may have been infected, please contact us before coming in. This way we can instruct you on where to go and how to proceed for the safety of all.
As always, please call our office with any questions or concerns,
(423) 239-5491. We are here to help you!